Generous Funding Opportunities for Researchers who would like to pursue their careers in Turkey
TÜBİTAK organizes a series of conferences on European and National Funding Programmes for Researchers' Mobility and Career Development.
These events aim to create awareness on European Research Council Grants and Marie Curie Indivivual Fellowships of the Horizon 2020 Programme (H2020) as well as TÜBİTAK programmes by gathering eminent members of the Turkish Scientific diaspora and all other nationalities carrying out competitive research in the USA. The target audience is the starting and established researchers, irrespective of their origins, who would like to move to Turkey for carrying out their research part time or full time.
Turkey, ranking the 2nd country in Europe in attracting researchers from non-European countries with Reintegration Grants of the FP7 Marie Curie Actions, witnessed that most of the applicants of these grants are the researchers who have recently returned back to Turkey from US. In this regard, the conference series target researchers who are not informed about European opportunities and aim at increasing their awareness on mobility towards Europe.
TÜBİTAK has been organizing series of events on “Destination Turkey: European and National Funding Opportunities for Brain Circulation, R&D Cooperation and Research Career” since 2010.
Why Turkey as a research destination?
- Turkey’s aspiration for RDI and continously increasing RDI expenditures
- Private sector is increasing its research expenditures
- Turkey is integrating to European Research Area as a member of EU Framework Programmes
- Through TÜBİTAK you can access many international funding opportunities
- Destination Turkey Initiative has been gaining more and more attention in and outside Turkey
What did we do previously?
We organized 24 events during 2010-2016 in USA, Canada and Europe and were able to reach 2,635 participants.
Number of participants of Destination Turkey Events
As a result of these activities, 801 researchers were successfully reintegrated to Turkish Research Area within the scope of:
- MSCA and ERC 341 researchers
- TÜBİTAK BİDEB fellowsips 460 researchers and students.
How to get in contact?
TÜBİTAK designed ARBİS-Y as a tool to communicate with the researchers living abroad. By registering you will be able to:
- Interact with STI stakeholders in Turkey
- Get information on funding opportunities in Turkey
- Involve with the National STI Programs and Policies
- Involve in the scientific evaluation of projects
- Interact with thCientists all over world
To register please follow this link: https://arbis-y.tubitak.gov.tr